Thursday, August 16, 2012

In a little over 24 hours, I'll be trading in this:

Beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona


FOR
Strøget, a shopping street in Copenhagen

I am just starting to pack and am overwhelmed because of the weather - how do I pack for a high of 60 degrees this month when I've been in 115 degree weather for the past 3 months!? But, I am so ready to leave and so excited to begin this journey nonetheless. Here's the start:


LOVE my new traveler's backpack!

I've found out a few more details about my life in Copenhagen over the past few days. I found two of my future roommates on Facebook - both are guys! One is from Singapore, and he's doing an exchange at UCPH. The other is a Danish student. I have yet to speak with the Danish student, but the exchange student from Singapore seems really cool. We all have our own bedrooms, so I will get my own space, but it will be a unique experience living with guys. I think I am up for the challenge!

I also was put in contact with a family who lives in Ballerup, a suburb of Copenhagen, who I can visit with, almost like a host family (but just for dinner and other family events). I emailed back and forth with the mom, Richa, who seems really sweet! They have 3 teenage kids and are a very worldly family; Richa told me that they traveled around the world for 6 months with backpacks a few years ago. I'm excited to get to know them and see what family life is like in DK!


When I am abroad, I can be contacted through Facebook, email (caileyindech29@hotmail.com) and Skype: caileyindech29

No comments:

Post a Comment