Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week of Classes

This week was pretty busy with school and not much recreation unfortunately... though I did have an interesting field trip yesterday to a cancer rehabilitation center with my complexity of cancer class. We visited the "house" (as the tour guide kept saying), that is part of the municipality of Copenhagen and provides cancer patients access to personal training, nutrition and cooking classes, group workshops and social events. It was a BEAUTIFUL building with so many little nooks for chatting with other visitors and rooms to watch films and do yoga and other physical activities. She told us about 1000 cancer patients and survivors use the facilities regularly, and it seemed like a really wonderful resource that I haven't seen any similarities to in the US.

Other than that, I started my work-study job at the library this week. It is pretty boring (I just sit at a desk and check in books, which rarely happens because the library is tiny!) but I've talked to a few students who come in so I guess I may meet some interesting people! Also the money can't hurt when I'm planning TONS of travel.. my list of destinations follows:

Sept 21-24: Amsterdam to visit Lily
Sept 29: Milan with Tim
Sept 30-Oct 1: Budapest with Tim
Oct 1-4: Berlin by myself (I have some contacts I can hangout with!)
Oct 4-7: Krakov and Novy Sacz with Jack, Doug and Dubi!
October 21-26: Bratislava/Vienna with Medical Practice and Policy
October 26-29: Possible after-tour trip to Prague with MPP friends
November 10-18: Madrid and Barcelona with Anna!!!
December 1-3: Possible trip to Greece with Aly, Genna, Maggie and Marissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment