Friday, October 19, 2012

Sickness and Visitors


The past week had many ups and downs, including several visitors and my first trip to a  Danish doctor!

When I got back from Poland, I had developed a horrible throat infection to the point that my fever wouldn't go down and it was so swollen I could barely eat. I had to wake up at 8 to call the doctor's office and make an appointment for that day. I got lucky and ended up getting an appointment for noon, and headed over to the doctor's office. When I got there, he saw me right away, did a rapid throat swab and prescribed me pennicillin within 3 minutes - the results of the test showed strep. I was so relieved that it wasn't a virus so I could just pop the pills and continue on with my week! Too bad I ended up getting a cold on top of the strep, so I've still been recooperating, trying to drink fluids and sleep as much as possible.

Anyway, then Saturday, my friend Matt from birthright had a layover in Copenhagen, so I spent the day showing him around Nyhavn and Strøget. That night, my friends and I went to the Meatpacking District, a trendy area of town for a warehouse party. It was overall a really fun night!

Then, Sunday, I welcomed two Australian travelers into my home - I met them briefly in Berlin, and they found me on the Couchsurfing website and asked for a place to stay for a few nights. We spent a lot of "hygge" time hanging out at my apartment with candles, drinking tea and talking about our travel stories. They've been traveling around Europe for 6 months, and have at least 3 more to go. I envy their lives!!!!

The rest of this week has been filled with numerous exams, and a field trip to the Science Center with my Communicating Science class! It was actually really fun, we played on all of the equipment and felt like little kids again. I'm preparing for my study tour, which leaves this Sunday, to Vienna and Bratislava. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment