Saturday, October 20, 2012

A lovely surprise :)

Today, I woke up to the surprise of 60 degrees and sunny. I never thought I'd be so happy to see the forecast, and after stepping outside my bedroom door, I knew it would be a travesty to stay inside all day. So, I hopped on the metro and then took the first bus to explore an uncharted area of town - Nørrebro!

I got off the bus when I saw some cool shops and cafe's, and then settled into a cafe with my kindle. I was lucky because this particular cafe was doing a deal - 50% off everything on the menu! One chai latte and a lox and cream cheese sandwich later, I was satisfied and feeling the hygge :)

After, I wandered down the streets of Nørrebro, going into some shops and little trinket stores. As I was crossing the bridge back to downtown, I noticed a hammock on a little grassy hill next to the water. I decided to settle into the hammock for a little while and read some more, soaking up the sunshine.

I then went to my favorite market, the Nørreport Glass Market, sampled some cheeses and salami, then went for a cup of coffee at Studenterhuset. I'm now home getting ready to welcome a group of friends from my Medical Practice and Policy class to Amager for a bonfire! We all leave on our trip tomorrow, so we're doing a little bonding beforehand which should be really fun, especially since it's so nice out!

I'll post updates from my trip when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment